life with the cat lady

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!!!

Nope. Not talking about Christmas. Or Halloween...I know some of you love the Halloween. I'm talking about Fall TV!

You know...it's cooler outside, football has begun, baseball season is getting closer to the end. Big Brother is almost over and then everything happens...in like a three week period. The return of all our friends we said "see ya later" to just a few short months ago. It seems like 4 years have gone by. Does it sound like I have an addiction to my TV?
I HOPE SO!!!

Every season they put out a crop of new shows. Every season they cancel a crop of new shows. I already have made my mind up about who I will be letting "in" my circle of TV trust. The list is small and I am not holding high expectations.

Welcome to the first edition of.....................
"Jenn's Fall Season Picks". This will go one of two ways. You will be all "that girl is on point, no wonder she has such good taste and blogs about amazing things and knows what's up!" Or....."bless her heart. Do you think she ever even goes outside?" Forget about it. I watch a lot of TV....

MONDAY:
Dancing With The Stars - Not my normal kind of show. I love dancing but more in a dirty hip hop kind of way. That being said.....we all know how I feel about Nick Carter. And then we have the two trainwreck sideshows known as Paula Deen and Gary Busey. This show may be epic this season! It will also be the only season I watch. I feel it. #LongLiveNickCarter

Gotham-  What more can I say other than it's dark, heavy focus on origins of the villains and Bruce Wayne is a teenager. Well written and will keep your interest, I mean if you like Superheroes and such.

TUESDAY:
The Muppets- Like I'm gonna miss THIS show. Or until I can't handle it anymore. Either way, The Muppets Take Manhatten is one of my favorite movies so obviously I'm in. Hoping the special guests will be an added bonus each week. If not, I will have a little time on my hands Tuesday nights.

Grandfathered- Oh yes! Jon Stamos? Im in. Apparently he finds out he is a dad and a grandfather all on the same day! Imagine the luck!?!?!?!? He is so handsome that I may find out I'm preggers by just watching his show.

Scream Queens- Well for one I love horror. I also love Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and anyone else they choose to bring along. I'm in. (Glee, AHS) They could write about history and it would be good. Or science. Whatever. Those are good on their own. They could write about the wind blowing and I would watch it. The End.

Best Time Ever- NEIL PATRICK HARRIS! THE END!

WEDNESDAY:
Before we go in to detail about this day of the week, you must all know how I feel. I love Wednesday. Wednesday is my friend, my lover, my world. I have grown quite fond of the evening line up and I don't know how I will cope if it ever ends. Feel free to make suggestions. It will be a dark time for me.

The Middle- One of the funniest shows around about oh so real life with a cast that is on point at every turn. Well done!

The Goldbergs- Beverly Goldberg makes life worth living. She is the mother of all smothers. The writing is fantastic, the footage to back up plots, the sheer realness to the decade and how people were. I can't get enough of it. Nope!

Modern Family- I mean come on. Best show out there. I watch it over and over. Eric Stonestreet....I still am not sold on how you really are in real life but I love me some Cam!

Empire- Amaze! Drama! Sex! Murder! Basically just an average day in the life of Jenn Edens.

Nashville- read above. Only with a twang.

THURSDAY:
Heroes Reborn- Loved the first go round so I imagine this will be just as good. That's all I gots.

How To Get Away With Murder- Talk about a jacked up show. All sorts of stuff went down last season and I'm on EVERYONES side! I liked the way they told the story backwards. And I basically feel like a lawyer after I watch so #winning.

FRIDAY:
Dr. Ken- Ken Jeong, Dave Foley. That's all I need to know. I will give it a go. I expect to laugh. Thank you, Sir.

SATURDAY:
SNL obvi.

SUNDAY:
Once Upon A Time- Love this show. I had a hard time getting into last season but I binged on it and it all came together for me. Can't wait to see Emma as The Dark One!

Blood & Oil- I'm still bitter about Dallas. It actually broke my heart when they cancelled it. I will give this show a shot ONLY because I need a good blood and oil fued in my life. I like a good scandal like the next gal, but it WON'T come at a price of a lousy TV show....so you better step up to the plate, Blood & Oil. That's all I'm gonna say.....

The Last Man On Earth- FANTASTIC! One of my favorite shows. Will Forte, Kristen Schaal and January Jones. It's like a triple threat. They are all great! Plot is funny and they can literally go so many places with this. If you haven't watched it. #deadtome and JUST DO IT!

Well then....there you have it. A guide to Fall TV, Jenn Edens style. You know I know what I'm talking about. Take my advice. Watch my shows. Join my lifestyle of tv, beds, cats......

See ya in the summer!
Jenn Edens

No comments:

Post a Comment