life with the cat lady

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Brady Bunch

Today I treat you to a long lost blog post. One I started a few months ago and saved. I don't remember why but it's clearly a perfect day for it. So without further ado......

Lessons I Have Learned From Watching The Brady Bunch!

I'm just going to get down to it. TV shows have come and gone yet I don't remember learning much from any of them. Not the Brady Bunch though. There was ALWAYS a lesson to be learned whilst watching only one of the best sitcoms ever created.

Lesson 1: Remember when Marcia makes 2 dates and then tosses the less cool guys feelings right out the window?
What happens next?? SHE BREAKS HER NOSE!!! THAT'S WHAT! Lesson learned, lady! Don't break guys hearts! #OhMyNose!

Lesson 2: When the whole family goes to the Grand Canyon. Did you even know you could fill a flashlight with Baked Beans? Well you do now!! I'm just happy that the next time I run up on someone who is lost and hungry...I will know EXACTLY how to transport stolen Baked Beans from the campsite to said person! #LifeSaver!

Lesson 3: When Marcia drew a picture of George Washington and her teacher assumed it was a portrait of herself. I learned that some teachers are real assholes and you get in trouble even when you didn't do anything wrong.  #ScrewYou....you know who you are.

Lesson 4: Two words...George Glass. I think we all learned an important lesson with this episode. Don't just look around the room when trying to make up a name for your fake boyfriend. #IHaveLikeSevenFakeBoyfriends

Lesson 5: "Mom always says, don't play ball in the house."  #SelfExplanatory

Lesson 6: When Marcia lies about knowing Davy Jones and he just shows up at her house! This episode is NOT based in reality, let me tell you!! That has literally NEVER happened to me. Thanks for all the lies, Brady Bunch! #IKnowShiaLaBeouf

Lesson 7: When Jan doesn't listen to the engraver at the engraving store (yeah, that's what it's called) and ends up owing roughly 12 million dollars for a platter for Mike and Carol. Well the whole group has to pay for Jan's mistake and perform as a group called "The Silver Platters" on a talent show to raise the money to pay. I didn't learn anything from this episode...it's just kickass! #WereGonnaKeepOnKeepOnKeepOn

Lesson 8: Oh, Lord! Remember the damn ancient Tiki...and the amazing music they played every time it came on screen?? All I can say is LESSON LEARNED! Don't go digging around while you're in Hawaii because all you will find is a cursed Tiki and a spider will crawl on your chest. #NoThanks

Lesson 9: When Greg gets busted for smoking cigarettes! Not only does he upset his parents but Carol gets kicked off of the Anti-Smoking Committee board. Tragic. Turns out the cigs totes belong to the son of the head of the committee. I'm not 100% sure the lesson was learned with me but damn, I love some scandal!
#SmokingsBad

Lesson 10: That one time when they got into a fender bender at the grocery store. The guy said he had the whiplash and sued the Bradys. Well.....what I learned is ALWAYS bring your briefcase to court. You never know when you can just toss it on the floor to bust someone for faking whiplash. #StraightUpAmazing

That's it! I'm sure I have missed a million other lessons but those are the ones that were on my mind today. I also realized I am Alice. I just wear yoga pants and a housecoat. #NoKeds

Peace Out!
Jenn Edens



No comments:

Post a Comment