life with the cat lady

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cornucopia Of Everything

Sometimes a word just works. It fits perfectly for what you are doing and what is going on around you. I personally have no idea what the word "Cornucopia" means other than it's that awesome shaped basket that fruits and such come out of on the Thanksgiving table. To further prove my brain power...I can't even be bothered to look it up. All I know is I went to the drive-in Sunday night and it was the buzzedword (pun intended) for the night and we laughed our asses off every time we said it.

Let me say this part again...I WENT TO THE DRIVE-IN SUNDAY NIGHT! First time ever! It was amazing. If you keep up with my amazing Facebook page you already know all about it. I know you all keep up with me but somehow I only have 4 followers and I can't see who they are. This kind of shit keeps me up at night! Anyway...so it was truly an amazing night. I was basically being celebrated for no good reason. My friend Michelle did it up right! I mean rolled the red carpet out. Lexus style. I even got to drive her car home. The steering wheel is more fancy than anything in my LIFE! Ok. I'm losing focus. Back to the drive-in....she made brats, popcorn, brownies and tea and lemonade. Arnold Palmers. That's what the fancy people call it. There was also chips and fruit and apples and blue cheese crumbles and candy and cheese and meat sticks. I'm a sucker for that junk.  I'm sure there was more and I'm sure it's all still in my belly. I made the mistake of not eating that day....I ate that food like Chris Farley in the Gap Girls skit from SNL! I could barely move after which was perfect because I was there to people watch. Oh I mean see a movie. Oh. And work the word "cornucopia" into every sentence. For the record....I did all those things like a BOSS!

Now for the sappy part of the blog. We saw Inside Out. It was fantastic. Not only is my #soulmate, Mindy Kaling in it, she plays a hilarious character! The whole movie was amazing. It was funny, real, warm, sad and happy. I admit I cried. More than once. It was real. Emotions. It's like they actually got into someone's head to write this script. I was touched by it. I didn't learn a lesson because I already know that we need sadness. We need it bad. To cope. To fix. To love. To empathize. To learn and grow. And we need it to have joy. I hope I haven't said tooooo much but do yourself a favor. Go see this movie. I wish you all could see it with my friend Michelle but she probs won't roll out the same with you. I mean not to be mean but I am a pretty big deal.....

Sad they didn't have Vanity in this movie...I probably would have learned a thing or two.

All the Love,
Jenn

Oh snap! I forgot to mention I saw my friend Jenny and her Brady Bunch! She partook in the cornucopia jazz and it was fantastic to see her....2x IN ONE MONTH! #carryon

No comments:

Post a Comment