life with the cat lady

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

If You Got GoT, You Got Got.

See what I did there?

Now that my emotions have calmed down by 12%, I figured it was time to blog about Game of Thrones. Good Lord...I hope everyone has watched it by now. #SpoilerAlert. People get super frazzled on the Internets these days.

I was also devastated by the season finale. It's not like I was surprised by any means...I am gutted at least once an episode but this last one. Jeeeez. All the feels. All the cries. Still. Three days later.

First let me say something. I was late to the game...of thrones. #seewhatIdidthere? Ok. I will stop. I have no idea why I didn't start watching it the day it came out. I have no valid excuse. This year I took the plunge. Made the commitment. I watched 4 seasons in 2 months. It was a challenge but I am a challenging kinda lady. Many nights I was up till 2AM...watching HBO GO...on my phone. All it took was episode 1. You know. When Jaime pushes Bran out the window after he gets busted sexing his sister up. I sat there with my hand over my mouth for a good 5 minutes. Horrified at what I saw yet ALL I WANTED WAS MOOOOORE!!!!

So much drama, sex, lies, extra drama, deceit, lies again and massive blood and guts with sound effects that would make anyone gag. Mostly me but probably anyone. I immediately loved Tyrion Lannister and wanted to make out with him and protect him. Robb Stark was a hottie and I liked him as well. I pretty much hated everyone else. Except the Mother of Dragons. I became so deeply engaged in this show that I sorta forgot who I was and morphed into a combo of Arya Stark and Brienne of Tarth. I fell asleep at night to sword fights in my head. I am not even kidding. It was awesome! Interesting few months in my life. I even managed to rope a new fan in.

I rose to my highest highs and lowest lows along with each episode. Screaming, crying and I developed quite an evil chuckle when things got sticky and I enjoyed the chaos. Then I got all caught up and season 5 began. It was hard at first only watching one episode a week. It went toooooo fast. How can it already be over???

So many feels. The entire season was amazing. Up and down and all around. I finally started liking Jon Snow. He seemed meek and that hair. Ohmygag. Boy was I wrong. To me, he turned into a badass midway through the seasons. I finally was on board and excited for his bright future then THAT happened. Heartbreaking. Sansa lighting the candle and Brienne of Tarth just missing it. Sansa getting a front row seat to that battle. I felt like I was there with her. Stannis...realizing defeat yet moving forward and finally getting what he deserved. (I liked him though) Let's not forget the return of Lord Varys!! He is awesome and oh how I missed him too.

I will wrap up with Jon Snow again. I can't stop thinking about it. The way he was tricked. I have replayed it in my head numerous times. It won't go away. How can I move on knowing I will never see him again. I won't get to cheer him on as he does the right thing. He never saw his family again. It just hurts. I feel betrayed. So many fates left up in the air....it's just not right.

I need to pull it together. So I can watch all 5 seasons before the 6th! God I love this show!

All the love and tears,
Jenn Edens of Winterfell Tarth.

No comments:

Post a Comment