life with the cat lady

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Call Me Caitlyn

When someone in the public eye makes a drastic life change that has ZERO affect on me, my friends or pretty much 94% of the population...you really see people's true colors.

Quite honestly I am writing this blog because I have already unfriended several people and it just makes better sense for you to unfriend me. I am not trying to tell you what to say or how to feel. I am simply saying it doesn't make my heart happy to be your friend when you talk like that. It makes me want to punch you in the gut but that won't solve anything so we will go this route.

I feel very deeply for anyone who isn't happy with who they are and it makes me happy if I can be an advocate for them. Helping someone with a closed mind maybe see something differently then what they believed before. Oh.. and lend my support because I believe 100% that we all should get a fair shot at living a life full of love and laughter. Not sadness, depression, suicidal thoughts and regrets.

That's crazy talk, right? Read that again. With each negative word that comes out of your mouth, you are saying "Yes. You should be unhappy all the time." "You should not be allowed to be free of the burdens you have carried and live your life knowing it's not supposed to be this way!" That's the harsh reality of what you sound like. It just makes me sick to my stomach. If you do feel like that...Me, Myself and God are here to tell you to LET IT GO!!!

It's not your life! Certainly you are allowed to have an opinion but opinions are like assholes....everyone's got one. You can throw that right back in my face if you want but guess what??? My asshole looks the best! Most people don't want to hear you spew your negativity. I don't want to hear how sick you think it is. I don't want to hear you make slurs in front of me. I don't want to get into a conversation about it because I will crush you.

I'm not going to comment on your negative FB posts because that's bad energy. What I may do is unfriend you and move on knowing I don't have to cringe every time you post something.

Ok. I have settled down a bit. Here is the deal folks... being transgender is REAL. It is not made up. There is scientific evidence that sometimes in the womb, a babies brain grows one way and the body grows the other. Look it up if you don't believe me. There are precious little babies being born that will grow up feeling confused. They know they look one way but they are drawn or feel closer to the opposite. Look it up if you don't believe me. They will spend their youth struggling to fit in. They may have a hard time making friends. They will feel depressed, suicidal, unhappy, miserable and they will most definitely be bullied. Look it up if you don't believe me. How would you feel if that was you? What if it was your child?

Would you be upset if your son or daughter felt helpless, alone, scared and unsure of who they were?? What would your reaction be if they had enough of feeling that way and wanted to end their life if they didn't make a change?? My guess is you would do whatever it took to learn, understand and fix or make it better for your own flesh and blood. It shouldn't be any different for someone else in this world.....ever.

I am not a huge fan of the Kardashians but what they have done during Bruce's transition into Caitlyn has been perfect. They have been open, genuine and honest. They have not hid the sadness or tears for the sake of TV. They have dealt with it and allowed themselves to grieve the loss of him. The bottom line is they want their father to be happy, NO MATTER WHAT! Mark your calendar! The year 2015. The Kardashian family taught us a lesson that wasn't about fashion. Most of us already knew it.. but sadly many of you didn't. Thanks, Kardashian family.  (Yep. Let that sink in, haters)

I cannot be any more clear when I say this: The last time I checked,  you weren't in charge of other people's lives. God isn't chillin in Heaven making a list of all the times you spoke your mind about someone making a choice you disagree with. He is not making notes that you are first in line for those pearly gates.

God is with all the families that are going through hard times. He is with the person that feels like they should just give up because they can't turn to their families for support. He is with them every.step.of.the.way. If you don't believe me...look it up. God loves each and every one of us. NO MATTER WHAT! I feel sorry for you if you believe different.

It breaks my heart that Caitlyn had to wait 65 years to finally be free but it breaks my heart even more that people think they need to be hateful about someone just being who they were meant to be.

3 comments: