life with the cat lady

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK, LET'S ROCK....

Oh sweet, sweet goodness. Last night I saw these boys yet again. Not my first time around the block. See what I did there? This was my 6th time seeing them??? I think that is right. Either way...they will always hold a very special place in my heart.

It is no secret I have a thing for Boy Bands. And boys. When the good Lord above decided to combine the two, I am surprised the world didn't emplode. Add some talent to the mix and we have a recipe I will make (out with) over and over again.

Don't get it twisted. Not all Boy Bands are created equal. In my book the only ones that matter are NKOTB, *NSYNC and One Direction. I like Backstreet Boys but Nick Carter is the only star. End of story. New Kids have always been talented and funny. And hot. I mean even Danny grew into his looks. Those boys brought me to tears. I watched my Hanging Tough VHS so many times it wasn't even normal. I dreamed that I would marry Joe McIntyre a million times. I even had an in...my Grandpa knew his father through the union and they shared many a drink together. Clearly they did not discuss our wedding details but whatevvvsss.

I remember my first concert. Well not really. I remember screaming like a lunatic and crying. That's it. That and my mother was in the "Parent Room" waiting for me. I also remember making a sign for Q104 with my dear friends, Laura and Amy, trying to win a contest. We didn't win....but our friends did. #oooolathe. I remember standing outside their hotel, hoping to catch a glimpse. Screaming. Crying. It was amazing. I also remember what I wore and my hair style at that time. It wasn't pretty. No wonder Joe didn't marry me.

Oh sweet youth. When things were simple. Someone paid all my bills and I could just day dream about Joe and I. I had a whole wall in my room dedicated just to him and I sat on my bed and read Bop Magazine. I used to go grocery shopping with my Mom just so she would buy me the newest issue.

You know what else I remember? The day I stopped buying Bop and started reading Rolling Stone. Music truly is my boyfriend. I will never be afraid to show love to all the different types of music I enjoy. No shame, y'all. No shame. Those boys blew it up last night and I couldn't be more proud to say I have been a fan for 27 years. I love you, NKOTB! You will always be my boyfriends!!!

All the Love, Jenn McIntyre

No comments:

Post a Comment