life with the cat lady

Friday, May 15, 2015

I Need To Get Out More...

Is it wrong that I am about to write about Tinder...again?? I literally cannot help it. I am so mesmerized by it. And not in a way you may think. I find it empowering, odd and totally amazing. If I worked for Tinder I would suggest one thing....I want to see the girls too. Not like right swipe the girls. I want to see what other hot, smart and devastatingly hilarious girls are posting and such. I'm the poster child for "curiosity killed the cat". So basically what I am saying is I have become completely obsessed with Tinder and it's for all the wrong reasons.

I have probably yepped 7 guys in the few weeks I have been creeping. That is surely a high estimate. More like 5. Out of the 5....3 have been a match. One of those 3 has yepped me 2x and unmatched me 2x. He is obvi playing hard to get. I fell for it the first time due to his glasses, hobbies we share and his Star Wars tattoo....but the second time...I broke it off. Read that as "the second time, oh and the first time...he broke it off." Anyways....

It is important that I establish that I honestly have zero interest in dating. Or Tindering which I think is code for "doing it". I have no idea why I even right swipe. When I yep a dude and it's a match I'm all "IT'S A MATCH!!!" and then I'm like "OH NO! IT'S A MATCH!!!". Thank goodness my latest hasn't messaged me. Start the clocks and let the countdown begin before I get umatched.

Last night I got my friend to Tinder too. It wasn't her first time but it's always more fun to "nope" together. She was a little trigger happy. She was noping men at a rapid rate. So rapid that in fact she yepped a few on accident. Then she became addicted and ran out of right swipes. She asked for my advice and I said delete that account and start over lady! Then she ran out of men. We upped the mileage to 100 miles away. Pretty much the best night ever.

So basically I am just one step closer to sealing the deal. No. Not the Tinder deal. The "Jenn Edens is edging 40 and Spinster Status". You know what I mean? I thought so.

Right now my profile is still undiscovered. Which is how I like it and pretty much just like me. I'm good with that. If I have learned anything in life it is this: men aren't all they are cracked up to be. Oh and this: if you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends. And NOT in the Tinder way.

The End, Love Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment