life with the cat lady

Monday, March 23, 2015

Once Upon A Time We Had A Sisters Weekend...

Just kidding. We have sooooo done this before. Only the last time it was in Virginia Beach for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon. There is something about my sisters and being fit....oh right...it's called being badasses.

Eight years ago we went to Virginia Beach and had a blast. Partied, ate juicy burgers and then woke up at the crack of dawn and ran a race. Well they ran it. I tripped over a rock at the start line, bit the dust and shredded my ligaments in my right ankle. Someone had to do it....mind as well of been me. I was unaware of the seriousness of my injury and did the race anyway. All 13.1 miles. Walking. Close to 5 hours later I came in, second to last out of twenty two thousand people. No big deal. I got goals. Then my AMAZING sisters who had finished the race in under 2 hours....had to bike me back to the hotel, return the bike and walk back to said hotel. They are the real beasts. By the end of the night I could walk and all was well....until 2 years later when I had a permafatankle (yes that's one word). No. Don't look it up. I made it up. Then I had surgery and blaaah blaaaah blaaaah. The point is......WE HAVEN'T HAD A SISTERS WEEKEND IN 8 YEARS!!!!

We have seen each other several times in between but not just us being grown and doing what we want! This weekend goes down in the books. I have two of the most amazing sisters ever made. They are both kind and generous, hot and FUN! I mean right now my sister Debbie just brought me some Bio Freeze to put on my tennis elbow. That shit is expensive! I may try and steal it. I hope she doesn't read this.

So. Back to the weekend. It consisted of eating out, shopping, getting a tattoo, exploring, staying at the Ritz for a night, drinking, massive selfies and laughing so much. There was a nasty rumor that some snoring took place while sleeping but I don't believe it. My sisters would never snore!

There was also several intense workouts and juicing and ginger tea drinking. And guess what??? I loved it all!! I'm competitive and will try anything once. Unless it's bad decision making. I do that over and over and over. And yes. It has made me who I am today so......as much as it can derail you...I still say #winning!

Our time is almost over. I leave at 8pm tonight. Back to KC where my sisters from other misters live. The ones who also have my back and I have fun with toooooo. I am truly one of the luckiest girls alive. I can't even put it into words but being surrounded by people who make you a better person. It is beyond rewarding.

I just want to wrap this sappy ass blog up with a shout out to everyone in my life. I adore you all. Like for reals adore. I couldn't imagine my life without facebooking, texting, talking, hanging out and just "being" with you all.

#luckiestgirlalive
#heartspopoutofmyeyes

All the love,
Jenn



4 comments:

  1. Hello Jenn. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. Iam glad stop by your blog post which has given me an opportunity to share with you a program our church has for the young and the adults from the West to come to Mumbai to wirh us during their vacaton time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing exeprience. My eamil id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking foward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenn. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. Iam glad stop by your blog post which has given me an opportunity to share with you a program our church has for the young and the adults from the West to come to Mumbai to wirh us during their vacaton time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing exeprience. My eamil id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking foward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete