life with the cat lady

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Top 5 Reasons Why I LOVED Dallas!

Listen. I have been neglecting you. It's not my fault. I have been busy. Between taking pictures of my cats and making new outfits for them....I just haven't had time to be with you. It doesn't mean I don't care about you anymore. You are one of the most important things in my life. Come on. Don't look at me that way, Blog. I love you.

Phew. Got that apology out of the way. My blog. Such a sucker. Fell for it hook, line and sinker. Now....on to my strong feelings for the rebooted Dallas....

Once upon a time there was this precious little girl with lots of freckles and larger than normal front teeth due to a wicked thumb sucking habit. She lived with her mom and dad....who put poison on her thumb from time to time to correct said habit. It didn't work but this is all beside the point. This little girl would sit on the steps one night of the week just to hear the opening credits to her parents favorite show, Dallas. It made her happy and to her it was the most epic of epic openings ever made. Nevermind the show....that opening scene and the music.....

Fast forward to 2012 and the rumblings that Dallas was coming back. I almost died and went to heaven. Cherry on top....Bobby and J.R. would be returning!! WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?!? Finally I would be able to watch this show like a grown adult. No more sitting on the stairs, or dvring reruns and trying to watch them even though I knew everything that had happened. My very own Dallas to love. AND THEN THEY TOOK IT ALL AWAY! TNT will forever be #deadtome.

I still am angry. In fact I just saw a post about it on my FB Memories and decided to channel my anger into a productive blog, celebrating a few things I loved about that show!

1. The Opening Credits. I mean what can I say? The song, the aerial shots, the slight comic book effect they used. It's just lovely.

2.  The way they brought back old characters. It was seamless. Not oddly placed yet woven into the story line that literally seemed as if it picked up right where it left off. Bravo, TNT....but I still hate you.

3. JOHN ROSS III! DEAR GOD! It's like they said "hey, we know Jenn Edens will be watching this. Let's find a guy that is hot and a mess. She loves that. Then let's make him struggle with all his bad choices so we know he has a heart. Then let's make him be a greedy business man but also smart. And one more thing....his relationship is brutal between he and his father but they are going to work hard at making it better, sorta...then someone will die and it will absolutely wreck him. To the core. So much that the last scene in the last episode ever made of this reboot....will make Jenn Edens sob. S.O.B."  Yes. That is exactly how that pitch went.

4. Bobby. Boy oh boy. He was a badass. I didn't know he had it in him. Let me remind you I was just a kid when it first aired. And not a normal kid. One who was slightly sheltered. As in if it wasn't on Disney Channel, this kid wasn't watching it. This is the exact reason I am the way I am today, Mom and Dad. I wanted it all.....but I was stuck in a rated G world. You can't have it all and be rated G. I really enjoyed Bobby getting completely bent out of shape numerous times and losing his cool then slowing his roll.....but towards the end....HELLO BADASS!!! YOU TAKE THAT RANCH AND THE DEED AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!!

5. Last but not least....the writing. It was good. It was rich with betrayal and sex. Lies and greed. Yet it was still classy. Not rated G classy but like PG 13. Good thing I was 36. I actually DVR'D the entire last season and binge watched it one weekend and then literally 5 days later I heard the news they had cancelled it. It was a blessing and a curse. I had just watched like 19 hours of one of my favorite shows ever made....cried like a baby then got excited about the next season. Then they shot me in the chest. Just like J.R. the first go round. Only this time we knew who shot me.....TNT! WHO IS DEAD TO ME!!!

side note....I don't actually know where J.R. was shot, any of the times. I'm a loser.

Jenn Edens OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment