life with the cat lady

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Nowhere To Grow But Up!

Reality. I'm actually getting old. When did this happen?? I remember turning 26. That was the day I could no longer eat whatever I wanted and run 30 mins a day to stay fit. Probably the saddest day of my life. The day I turned 32...I got wrinkles. I woke up, looked in the mirror, cried and called my mom. She promptly bought me wrinkle cream that I have never used. Most likely because I cannot be bothered. I can complain but not be bothered....sounds about right.

Years have passed. Wrinkles have been added, weight has been gained...and lost...and gained....and now we are back on the "and lost" path but for some reason I haven't felt the urge to fully grow up. I mean I AM a grown ass adult. I have a job, pay bills, have a house (just renting. let's not get cray) and 58 cats. I have made many a poor decision. I have been poor but lived, loved and laughed my ass off.  Then I decided to start my life over and I'm here to tell you I actually did grow up, when I wasn't looking.

It took moving away from family and starting from square one. I would do it all over again too. We'll maybe not all of it. Then there are times when my shower light burns out and I'm all "OH NO!!! Who is going to fix this???" That's when I remember I am grown. Damn. I have to change the light bulb. Double Damn. I have to BUY the light bulb. That's even worse. I hate buying household items. It makes me feel like a grown up.

Peace Out and let me know if you wanna change my light bulb...

No comments:

Post a Comment