life with the cat lady

Thursday, February 26, 2015

JEM!

I know! It looks like Jenn...but it's not. I do however have some serious feelings about this situation. A live action movie has been in the works for quite some time and they started filming in April. In 8 short months or what I like to call "the amount of time you almost cook a whole baby in your belly" the film will be all over the place!!

What you need to know is this: Molly Ringwald and Juliette Lewis will be in it! It will be directed by Jon Chu. I don't know much about him but he directed both Justin Bieber docs and they were pretty good. Shut up. You read that right.

The internets are going totes cray today about the first official pictures released from the film. Really? How about a trailer, bitchessss????

How many times have you had to create an alter ego by using a holographic computer? If you're asking me...more than once. Poor Jem, or Jerrica  (Jem's real name)...she had to do it all the time. Yet she did it effortlessly all while talking it through in her head. Now that I think about it, she may have needed therapy. Bless her rockstar heart.

This movie will be the ultimate in #girlpower even though it is directed by a boy. Jem has been nothing but all about the ladies from day one. Created by a woman smack in the middle of the 80's, this cartoon gave a voice to young girls who wanted a little more than a Barbie but weren't quite 100% G.I. Joe"ish". I didn't want to see fighting and teamwork all the time...I enjoyed the drama, greed and mean girls all while Jerrica tried to keep her identity a secret AND protect Synergy. I will add that Synergy technology was well before it's time and was worth being protected. Obvi. It made her become 2 different people. Wtf??!! Amaze.

Did I mention the love triangle??? Rio. Jerrica's longtime boyfriend falls in love with Jem and spends years pursuing both woman. Classy. It bothered her from time to time but between her music career, rivals, modeling, interviews, protecting Synergy, running her record company and supporting the "Starlight Girls", she really didn't have time for it. That's right. Jem was a foster mother. Not the kind of foster mom you see on CSI who burns her kids with cigs though...she cared about those kids. Basically what I am trying to say is Rio?? Rio who???

This show really had everything for a girl like me. I always wanted to be a rockstar and I loved the color pink. It was sort of rowdy and exciting and even my childhood besties who were both boys, would watch it with me. Needless to say...I am more than excited to see this movie and you better be tooooooo because Jem is truly outrageous! Truly, truly, truly outrageous! See what I did there????

PEACE OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment